Giant Airships to Deploy Buildings by 2003

Found this older article on
Slashdot:

Posted by michael on Saturday June 09, @07:33AM
from the sandworms-can't-get-you dept.

UniDyne writes: "CargoLifter , an airship manufacturer based in Germany, plans
to build giant-sized airships to drop modular buildings in remote areas and
help with disaster relief. These airships are the size of the largest building
in my home city: the NationsBank Headquarters here in Charlotte! This article
explains the possible uses of these airships and how CargoLifter plans to
build a manufacturing hangar in North Carolina. They kind of remind me of
something you'd see in an anime series."