Re: hovercar

> Hi there:
>
> I just returned from a Delta flight and read on an on board magazine an
> article about this entrepreneur that is presently building hovercars.  They
> are selling for 60K US Dollars.  There was even a picture in the magazine of
> him and a passenger flying this vehicle.  It looks like a Ferrari car body
> (yes - in red) with two side turbines...probably 1+1/2ft in diameter and 3ft
> long.  What do you know about this inventor?
>
> Please let me know.
>
> Thanks
>
> Michael Phillips

	Sounds like the Moller Skycar: http://www.moller.com/skycar/

	This has been in development for a long time (decades, actually).
They've done some flight tests with an earlier model, but I don't know that
they've flown an M400, yet.
	Another interesting one is the SoloTrek: http://www.solotrek.com/
It's a single-person VTOL craft, which is being worked on with help from NASA
in Sunnyvale, CA. Looks very cool. :-)

	I'm CC'ing this to the autopilot mailing list. Partly because it's
been quiet for too long, and mainly because that's the place we're most likely
to discuss flying cars. :-) If you're interested in this, I'd suggest joining
the list. Instructions are at http://reality.sculptors.com/lists.html

	Hope this helps!

 Autopilots for ground- and air-cars: http://reality.sculptors.com/lists.html
"We've arranged a civilization in which most crucial elements profoundly depend
on science and technology.  We have also arranged things so that almost no one
understands science and technology.  This is a prescription for disaster.  We
might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later, this combustible
mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."
						-- Carl Sagan