Living Machine resources, waste treatment, composting toilets

I'm digging for info on living machines and found some very cool looking
resources, including info on composting toilet systems, individual house
waste-treatment systems using Living Machines, etc., so I'm posting to both
Domesteading and the Clean-Water lists.

http://www.iees.ch/EcoEng991/EcoEng_N.html has a few different papers and
books referenced, and links to a variety of cool sites.

http://www.nrs.mcgill.ca/microbiology/333A/ecoeng.pdf is a paper by John
Todd and Beth Josephson which was published in the Ecological Engineering
journal in 1996. It is an excellent introduction into the topic, and gives
details on the 12 criteria they recommend keeping in mind while designing
living systems. This was also republished in the "Building an Educational
Living Machine" manual that I recently got by Marc Companion. I recommend
this book highly. Details available at:
http://www.oceanarks.org/Education/EdEcosystems/Manual/CLMmanual.html

			Learn about stereolithography:
	      http://reality.sculptors.com/stereolithography.html
     "But, in a time of widespread anxiety, it is harder to fend off the
     siren song of fear sung by those who would have us trade in a little
     liberty for a little more safety.  There is no such thing as a little
     liberty.  Before you know it, you don't have any, and America is no
     longer the shining beacon of equality and freedom that terrorists
     loathe."

          --Atlanta Journal and Constitution, September 16, 2001
          http://www.accessatlanta.com/ajc/epaper/editions/sunday/opinion_b34a146ad10661f10008.html