Atmospheric condensers

Hi everybody,
I'm currently writing my thesis on atmospheric condensers. Does anyone have a story about condenser technology or an experiment that they wouldn't mind sharing?
In particular I'm trying to get a working condenser prototype that uses active cooling working by the end of the year, so if anyone out there has tried it with a kerosene or solar refrigerator I'd be really happy to hear from you. Likewise if you think it's a crackpot idea that will never work.
thanks
-N.