Re: Iran Quake

-Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 16:18:30 -0700 (PDT)
-From: Matthew Chester Heck <mheck at phoenix dot csc dot calpoly dot edu>
-
-On Wed, 14 May 1997, J. Michael Rowland wrote:
-> >  This is the first time I find myself in disagreement with Patrick,
-> > I wouldn't give Iran a nickel, I'll give you three reasons why:
-> Gues I'm just one of those bleeding heart liberals who doesn't hold those
-> thousands of earthquake victims responsible for terrorist acts of their
-> government or their countrymen.
-
-WARNING --- WARNING --- SIGNAL TO NOISE RATIO DROPPING RAPIDLY --- WARNING
-
-Instead of bashing each other, perhaps it would be more productive to
-treat this as a TEMPLATE situation, and see how we would handle it.
-
-General Disaster Relief Considerations:
-=======================================
-	[...]

	I must say I'm impressed with the list's ability to auto-correct
and catch itself when it starts to dip in its S:N ratio. The list of
considerations you posted are excellent, and well worth study. I hope
others post ideas and extensions on this.
	These are the sorts of general-purpose design questions we need to
be asking ourselves, if we want to make a dent in the problems at hand.

	Thanks, Matt! :-)

		 Patrick G. Salsbury <salsbury at sculptors dot com>
		     http://www.sculptors.com/~salsbury/
		"To hell with Darwin; P.T. Barnum was right."
					-Vince Sabio (HumourNet moderator)