Iran Earthquake

I'm sure many of you have heard about the quake in Iran by now. (Actually,
it was more like 150-200 quakes, and destroyed about 200 villages, killing
something over 1500 people.) More than 10,000 families (over 50,000 people)
were displaced.

This is a prime example of the need for emergency cardboard shelters that
could be air-dropped into an area, along with provisions for water
filtering, cooking facilities, etc.

Eventually, I'd like to see Reality Sculptors develop some sort of
emergency response team, where some disaster like this hits, and we
immediately airlift in 10,000 shelters and survival packs, to help
stabilize things. And then, over time, have longer-focus teams that help
them rebuild. (Perhaps without so much deadly concrete, steel, and stone
next time.)

That's a long ways off, but that's the kind of problems that we can
tackle. There are new ones popping up all the time.

	As an aside: I read that the Iranians applied for $8.2 million (US
value, I guess) in international humanitarian aid. The U.S. donated $100,000.

	Kind of embarassing, really. :-(

		 Patrick G. Salsbury <salsbury at sculptors dot com>
		     http://www.sculptors.com/~salsbury/
	      "The map is not the territory." --Alfred Korzbyski