Re: How much water should an autonomous house have?

At 08:05 PM 4/8/98 -0700, you wrote:

>	1 gallon = 8 lbs. = 17.6 kilos
	1 gallon = 8 lbs  = 3.636 kilos
>so	5000 gallons = 40,000 lbs. = 88,000 kilos
       5000 gallons = 40k lbs = 18,181 kilos

>	Makes an excellent anchor, but do we really need that much water
>onboard all the time?

Makes a pretty fair anchor, but if you want a very light house to be
stable in strong winds, it would need to be at least 1/2 full ALL THE TIME
to hold it down.  YOu would have problems in high winds (should they
arrise) when the tank is very low.

James