From: "Outside In" <osipdx at hotmail dot com>
To: DomeHome-H at h19 dot hoflin dot com
Subject: Dome Contract Info Sought, Portland Oregon USA
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 23:38:00 PDT
Sender: <DomeHome-H at h19 dot hoflin dot com>

I work at a shelter and clinic for homeless and low-income people
located in Portland, Oregon called Outside In.  Outside In has existed
for thirty years in a group of modest restored old houses.  In the next
few years, the agency would like to tear down several of the houses and
build one new larger building.

I am also an enthusiast for the work of Buckminster Fuller.  I mentioned
to Kathy Oliver, the executive director of Outside In, that a dome might
be a good option for the new building.  She said if I could present her
with any information she would be glad to review it.

Here is a quote from "The Orgegonian," July 16 1998 about what is needed
from the new building: "[T]he plan is to build a three-story building of
about 20,000 square feet at a cost of no more than $3 million [.]"

If any dome contractors can meet this need at this cost or less, please
send me printed information at the following address:

Trevor Blake c/o
OUTSIDE IN
1236 SW Salmon
Portland OR 97205 USA

I unfortunately cannot guarantee anything beyond a personal note of
thanks from myself, but I do hope that I can find a dome contractor /
manufacturer that can meet the agency's needs.  Here's to good luck for
us all!  Please feel free to reproduce and distribute this message as
you see fit.

- Trevor

--
Outside In - Since 1968 - osipdx at hotmail dot com
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Oracle/3934/