Re: Large Dome v. small domes

RoConroy at aol dot com wrote:
<snip>
>      Whether the panels are self built or built by a manufacturer, they take
> the same time to bolt together.  The pace of work after the panels have been
> bolted does not depend on the kit supplier, it depends on the builder.
<snip>

This is an interesting point.  It does take the same time to assemble
the panels for the dome, but different manufacturers provide different
levels of completion for other parts of the dome.  We supply panelized
extensions, exterior natural opening walls that are custom framed to the
owners window and door specifications, dormers (again custom framed to
specs), canopies, and riser walls.  Many dome manufacturers have you
build these parts yourself, leaving you with weeks worth of work after
your dome raising before you can get to weather tight.

--
Thanks,

Nathan Burke,
Oregon Dome, Inc.

E-mail:  oregon at domes dot com
Web:  http://www.domes.com
Address:  3215 Meadow Lane, Eugene OR  97402
Fax:  (541) 689-9275
Phone:  (800) 572-8943 or (541) 689-3443