Michael's suggestions etc.

Yes, Michael, we seem to get onto some of the same
stuff on both lists and I've wondered about many
of the same things.  (By the way, my down and dirty
outline is at home - sorry!)

I also found a web site of a nonprofit organization
that builds shelter in third world countries (similar
to Habitat...but once again, it's bookmarked at home)
which I'll send to the list(s) when I get home!

Okay, paperwork and nonprofit...why is it we wrinkle
up our face and get crazy over the paperwork when
we're willing to go out and help build HOUSES!  No,
paperwork and complying with the "rules" ain't an
easy task, but then again, BUILDING A HOUSE ain't
either!  C'mon, gotta take the good with the bad,
Michael (and everyone else bemoaning paperwork and
nonprofit) - it's like taking medicine; might taste
bad going down, but you feel better soon after!

While Habitat has been suggested many times, the only
thing that gives ME (and I stress, this is my own
phobia) pause in confronting these folks is that it
is a "Christian" organization.  Sorry, I was raised
a Southern Baptist and have a BAD phobia agains
religious organizations.  If they can prove they will
keep the preaching to a minimum and that their MAIN
thrust is *simply* providing shelter, I have no
problem with them...I just don't want to see any
association with this group become...evangelical? in
nature...

It would be a nice thing if we could combine our
experiences and expertise (from list to list and
subscriber to subscriber) to create a nonprofit
organization - but then that's been my vote all
along!

Cat
--

http://www.mailexcite.com