Re: Some startling statistics...(Global Food Production)

Hey, Patrick,
Your message is being forwarded to .....well, it doesn't really matter.
About your hydroponics message, while your areal calculations may be
correct for actual growing area, did you factor in space for access to
the plants?  That might well increase the space required by a factor of
2, or more.  Numbers are interesting, though.  I tell my students that
you could the entire population of the Earth into our county.  They
gape, but then someone does the math and they find it is pretty much
cheek-by-jowl.

Have a good one!!

--
Ron Stevens