Re: Re(2): thoughts on domes and markets

Picking up my earlier thread:  I'm personally not
particularly interested in living in any of the
domes on the market today.

I'm looking foward to something closer to what
Bucky Fuller dreamed about, from the aerospace
lineage, not really from the post and lintel home
builders tradition at all (the Witchita House
came from an aircraft hanger).

I don't want to play "this old house" games with
my dome, making frequent trips to Builders Square,
using spackle and caulking to putter the day away.

I want to be able to assemble it (or just set it
down) on rough terrain (tripod legs adjustable),
plug it into the internet, polarize its windows
(for darkness), and download update patches to its
controlling software kernel from some high tech
after-market website.

I will be comfortable, programming in Java (and
drinking it) even though there's an arctic, howling
gale-force wind just outside.

Kirby