Re: Re(2): Re(2): thoughts on domes and markets

>(I'll try to sneak down there sometimes with my long lens and take some
>photos.)
>
>jmr

Thanks for that info.

Sounds like a sort of surreal transitional solution, a somewhat
freakish hybrid of old and new (727 w/ hardwood floors -- sheesh).
And the price is outrageous.  The pods I'm in the market for
come with the job in a lot of scenarios.

But a lot of those details do make the case:  aerospace hulls
are of necessity built to be (a) lightweight and (b) capable
of withstanding tremendous stress.  Good combo.  The traditional
building industry has nothing competitive to offer (its most
stress-resistent models tend to be the most heavily fortified
i.e. ponderous castles and such).

Kirby