Re: thoughts on domes and markets

Title: Re: thoughts on domes and markets
Ron Stevens wrote:

The culturalist in me arises to take slight exception to the statement: Every world continent seems to have ancient dome examples within it's traditions.   In the architectural sense, Domes, or Cupolas, are not found in aboriginal architectures on any continent except Europe,

Please then prove that the American indian wigwam which is dome shaped was not aboriginal. Also please prove that African huts, today made with earthen materials in Nigeria had no ancient origin, not to forget the default simplest vegetation hut (which is dome shaped). Eurasian tents may merit the term "architecture" in my thinking, who will pin down their dates? Eskimo igloos: what date? That fossils themselves contain domes indeed should suggest the default nature of the globe we live on.

Thanks,
bo atkinson