Re: thoughts on domes and markets

On Sat, 09 Jan 1999 14:56:18 -0600, you wrote:

>Certainly, the geodesic domes were a man-made device, arising out of a mathematical
>study after being inspired by a soccer ball and not a roman arch.  The thread was
>less specific( ?) and specified only "domes".

A lot of geodesic-like sphericals found in nature of course e.g. fullerene,
fly's eye, radiolaria.  Humans will take credit, per usual (a vain species),
but geodesic geometry belongs to nature, first and foremost.

>Where is the gate-keeper?  I haven't seen it, but there is much I haven't seen.

Oh you know, those Chinese gates, like to a city or compound, with big
statues on either side, guarding it.

Kirby