Chinese statuary (was: Re: thoughts on domes and markets)

Ron wrote:

> I know WHAT a gatekeeper is, and, in general, where they
> are found in relation to gates.  I was hoping for a more
> spatially  locative answer like: "Erehwon, Ickypoo, the
> north gate...

Hmmm... could this be a reference to some of the Qilin statuary? (They
aren't exactly guardians, though they are sometimes found at gates.) Also,
I know that, at the Imperial Summer Palace, there is statuary of dragon
heads holding red globes in their mouths... but I don't know if they are
geodesically faceted.