Re: Re(2): Chinese statuary (was: Re: thoughts on domes and markets)

On Sun, 10 Jan 1999 17:41:53 -0600, you wrote:

>Kirby writes:
>> That's pretty much the image I was thinking of (good find!).
>> To me, the sphere's 3-way weave pattern does indeed appear
>> geodesic. That looks like a pentagon over by the left toe
>> (mostly we see omnitriangulated hexagons).
>
>It looks to me like a cross-hatching of two sets of parallels of latitude,
>resulting in diamond-shaped cells, with only one great circle in each set.
>But I can't really tell.

I've partially traced over a blow-up to show you what I think I'm
seeing.

http://www.teleport.com/~pdx4d/images/lionpaw.gif

Compare this to views of the Fuller/Sadao geodesic dome in
Montreal, linked from:

http://www.teleport.com/~pdx4d/domehist.html ("his geodesic
dome" -- 2nd paragraph -- the scroll down to Images at the
Great Buildings site).

Kirby