Re(3): Chinese statuary (was: Re: thoughts on domes and markets)

Kirby wrote:

> I've partially traced over a blow-up to show you
> what I think I'm seeing.

Y'know, the irony is that, in their early efforts to trace out patterns of
triangles and hexagons to tile a spherical surface, those folks probably
thought they were "cheating" by sticking a pentagon in there every so
often "to make it come out right...."

I see what you've done, there, Kirby... and it looks pretty convincing.
They still don't look like great circles to me, but that may be due to the
flattening of the sphere.

(I wonder if the ancient Chinese played soccer?)