Re: airplane wings

On 727s specifically, I don't know. But on KC-135s (a Boeing 707), 737s,
and the Lockheed cargo series, it is so stenciled.  The skin is
surprisingly thin on all aircraft and "they" are afraid that someone
will step on a space between ribs.  There usually is a 2-3 foot wide
area on top of the wing where support personnel can do their thing.  I
do suppose that the spars can be accessed and a mechanical attachment
for level beams to be attached.   Hmmmm....

--
Ron Stevens
email:  stevens at gnt dot net