Re: Re(2): thoughts on domes and markets

ozzyman at vnet dot net wrote:

<snip>

> Yeah, and they do a pretty darn good job of it too from what I have heard.
>
> After pulling that little "end run" have you ever had a bank refuse financing
> based solely(sp?) on the type of structure?
>
> James

Not to my knowledge.  Once you are past the first screen, you are
talking with someone who does have some pull and will push to get the
loan through.  At this point, the bank has some investment in you, and
you can present them with information about the resale of dome loans
(which is what they are most concerned about anyway).  Fannie Mae has
set forth guidelines for appraisal of dome properties, which, if
followed, will allow the loan to be sold to Fannie Mae.  The guidelines
are pretty easy to follow, you just need to present your bank the
information, because I can promise you that they have no idea that there
are such documents.

--
Thanks,

Nathan Burke,
Oregon Dome, Inc.

E-mail:  oregon at domes dot com
Web:  http://www.domes.com
Address:  3215 Meadow Lane, Eugene OR  97402
Fax:  (541) 689-9275
Phone:  (800) 572-8943 or (541) 689-3443