Re: thoughts on domes and markets

> I saw a photo of a chicken coop on wheels used to range
> feed chickens.  I haven't been able to find that WEB site
> again.  Was that sight mentioned in your discussions, and
> if so, do you have the URL?

My bookmarks are nearly all on my personal 'puter which is still boxed
up and in storage (we're behind on building projects here) so I can't
give you an URL, but if you do a web search on "chicken tractor",
"eggmobile", "Joel Salatin", or "Andy Lee" you should be able to find
some links.  Most of us on the list are pretty favorably impressed with
the chicken tractor idea.  There are a few who don't like it for one
reason or another, though - one guy doesn't like 'em because you have to
move them everyday and another semi-commercial egg producer doesn't like
'em because the first ones she built didn't work very well - too heavy
and she had a tendency to run over her chickens when she was moving
them.  Well, any idea takes some tweaking . . .

I personally wouldn't use them for egg layers, although Joel Salatin has
something called the Egg-mobile that he uses to produce eggs in
commercial quantities - but he doesn't recommend using it for less than
50 acres of pasture as egg-layers tend to have a homing instinct that's
hard to break.  But I do intend to use some type of chicken tractor for
my meat birds.

Try your search on http://www.dogpile.com - its a kind of meta-search
utility that sends your query out to about 20 different search engines
and lets you peruse the results of the megasearch at your leisure.

Hope this helps.

Holly ;-D