Re: Dome design

I know this has been mentioned before, but aerogel would be a
material of choice for opaque windows or frames. It approaches
the strength of steel and the lightness of air, is translucent,
has a high insulation value, insulates sound, and, if that's not
enough, it's a high energy storage capacitor. Colored aerogel can
be made as well as aerogels with other properties, such as
magnetic aerogel.

Check out this search link on AltaVista for info on aerogel in architecture:
http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?pg=aq&q=aerogel+%7E+%28architecture+OR+building+OR+home+OR+housing%29&r=&kl=XX&d0=&d1=&search.x=37&search.y=18