Re: BNC (was: Hubs n' Stuff)

John Moon wrote:

> What's to stop the collar turning the
> quarter-turn back and falling off?

I think Charles has already explained this quite well, so I'll just
summarize: it's spring-loaded and there's a notch in the channel that
keeps the nub from rotating back out unless counterforce is applied.

Charles' Ethernet example is a common one, though not as common nowadays,
with more people installing 10baseT. A lot of multisync monitors also use
BNC connectors, a separate one for each signal channel.

I think you could dispense with most of the BNC complications and
implement it as a very simplified screw thread.