More disturbing statistics...

Or perhaps promising statistics, if you consider that we hope to build
affordable housing...

I just heard on NPR today that California's statewide median price for a new
house is roughly $260,000, and that in the SF Bay Area, it's more like
$430,000 or so. (Might be higher, I'm not sure.)

They apparently have an "affordable housing index", measuring how many families
can afford to purchase a new house. Last year in May, it was 37%, and this
year, it's fallen to 29%, in the SF Bay Area.

Even more disturbing, the index is 10% in San Francisco, itself. Meaning that
90% of the people living in San Francisco cannot afford to buy a new house at
the current rates.

Affordable housing, anyone?

Pat
(Renting in the Santa Cruz Mountains, which is the most affordable area in the
SF Bay Area. Getting what I think is a good deal for here, but which is
ludicrous for anywhere else. But living in a dome, which is definitely worth
something. ;^)  )