Re: X10 Home Control

At 11:34 AM 7/24/2000 , Charles J Knight wrote:
http://fsinfo.cs.uni-sb.de/~columbus/lirc/index.html
Infrared control of your UNIX machine.  A lot of cheap machines come with
IR ports, especially Packard Bell (I have several of their interfaces
lying around...I may have to try them) and of course anything that's equipped
with IRDA.

IRDA units are cheap. $60 for one with a 3 meter range. I wrote a NT driver for one last year that transferred control information between the NT and a hand held.

Don Bowen			donb at cts dot com
Valley Center, CA		Senior Software Engineer
Internet development and software engineering

http://members.cts.com/crash/d/donb
http://www.oldengine.org/members/ihc14
http://www.oldengine.org/members/ferguson/