torus

Torus: Not as space efficient as a dome, but it has some fun
applications. For instance, a home with a center courtyard or garden.
http://www.monolithicdome.com/design/shapes/index.html
Also shows oblate and prolate elipse domes.
A search for 'fire ants' on the site came up blank. I was curious since
they are near Waxahatchie where the super-collider ("atom smasher") was
being built and they had some fire ant problems with that failed effort.
Ants were eating the plastic wire insulation if I remember right.
Ernie
begin:vcard
n:Aiken;Ernie
tel;fax:(512) 862-9728