Re: Introduction - Brand new to list

Just wait till your pastures have so many colonies in em they kill small livestock. Alabama has it that bad in some places. Aerial spraying with converted B-17s in the seventies helped some but....They're baaack.JJ

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2001 6:06 AM
Subject: Re: Introduction - Brand new to list

G'day Brian,

The type of concrete is referred to as 'foamed' but more correctly described as 'aerated concrete......

Basically this is concrete that is highly aerated to form a less dense matrix. There are other forms that incorporate 'hollow spheres' in the wet mix as well, but these are less common.

You may wish to do a search on the Brand Name "Hebel" which manufacture very lightweight concrete blocks. (Can be cut with a panel saw and shaped with a rasp.)

The next place to enquire is the local concrete batching plant who may be able to recommend a local contractor...........

Good Luck,

Andrew

PS By the way in the last 9 months or so the scourge of the 'fire ant' has been discovered here in Brisbane, Australia. The authorities believe they arrived about 3 years ago by shipping container, but only recently 'recognised'. Already they are proving to be an extremely resilient pest with several colonies discovered in various locations around the city.