Re: tri-hubs and quad-hubs ?

> > I designed an easily-fabricated hub that has no net offset. It's

>           How about the hubs to make a rhombic dodecahedron ?
>           This would require 8 tri-pod hubs and 6 quad-pod hubs...
>           per structure.

Why not the hubs for a truncated icosahedron?  If my imagination
is working right (I'm fighting an infection, so it may not be) I
believe all the vertices could be described by 1, single, 3-armed
connector.

All vertices join 1 pent and 2 hexes, right?  So we'd need a
single, fixed connector hub with angles of 120, 120, and 108.

I'm a big advocate of "soccer ball" geometry, because everyone
already knows what they look like.  It's easy to tell someone
to take some hex and pent panels and build a soccer ball.  If
we "color code" them black and white, the final construct even
looks like a soccer ball.  It's comparatively hard to explain how
to construct a 4V alternate icosa, even if the geometry itself is
more elegant and more easily used for larger structures.

     -- Chuck Knight
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.