Re: design goals (was: Hello)

domesteading-request at sculptors dot com  Mon Jul 16 13:18:06 2001 wrote:

> Given this, I think a connector system that would allow
> the use of plywood panels might be a good solution.
> Sell them with plans for a dome, that make good use of
> a 4x8 sheet of plywood.  (Simpsons sells "dutch dormer"
> garden shed connectors and plans using this model)

Or how about a hole-drilling template for connecting sheets of plywood into
plydomes -- no hubs and a very strong lightweight structure. If people balk
at being "wasteful" by overlapping plywood sheets, just explain that this is
a laminated structure that gets its shape and strength from overlapped
layers.