Re: Metal studs for dome construction

> <<  Earlier I looked at the panels made from steel studs (I think
>
>       I have photos of panels being made from metal studs, but the
> heavier metal studs were required to give the structure stability.

What about eliminating the studs altogether, and going for a
ply-dome structure?

Something moderately flexible, like corrugated steel or fiberglass
could be used for the sheathing, and a pattern of holes "punched"
in the corners.  Shouldn't be hard to engineer, or to build.

Assembly of a garden shed type of construct should be fairly
simple, especially with a bunch of pictures for us men.  Maybe
even color coding!

     -- Chuck Knight
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.