Re: Pacific Domes question

As far as I know they use same method typical with emt domes; flattened tube
ends. I have done with 1/2" to 2" diameter steel tubes and in near future
will do one with copper tubes.
-example http://www.gardendome.com/icosa_star_connectors.html
another close-up picture with 1-3/8" tubes- fence post - with 1/2" bolts-
http://www.gardendome.com/octa_dome_photo4.html
As for living in one of these, would be a better house than half the world
lives in. I suppose you would want a good lightning rod, but you should have
that on any kind of house.
Ernie

Virus W32 dot Sircam dot Worm at mm found
Was  sent to me 4 times by spurious email attachments (.pif, .xls) by
someone  I do not know.
I scanned w/ yahoo mail which found worm and recommended do not download.
You can always fwd mail to your yahoo! mail to scan attachments there with
Norton anti-virus. Go to yahoo.com to sign up for free web email.
Ernie

Jim Morash wrote:

> Hi folks,
> I was just looking over the Pacific Domes site that was mentioned in an
> earlier post, having never seen it before. Does anyone on this list have
> experience living in one of these domes? What do their hub joints look
> like? (there aren't any close-up photos on the site). I didn't realize
> you could build a relatively sturdy structure out of EMT
> conduit... geodesics are cool that way, I guess.
> --Jim
>
> jmorash at mit dot edu
> http://web.mit.edu/jmorash/www
> MIT Autonomous Underwater Vehicle Laboratory
begin:vcard
n:Aiken;Ernie
tel;fax:(512) 862-9728
tel;work:(512) 431-9752