What about paneled domes

Since these geodesic domes look great with just the struts and hubs, we all know that eventually that structure if it where a home, will have to be sheated in with plywood or whatever. I have an idea to eliminate the hubs. Why not just erect flat panels and bolt the panels together on edge?. I was playing around with what I call a 2 frequency truncated icosahedron that has 80 hexagons and 12 pentagons. I drew that model on a rubber lacrosse ball with pen. It took 5 hours to do. This symmetry looks promising for constructing a paneled dome using only pre sheated hexagons. The hexagons would all be edge bolted together. Until you have a model of this you won't appreciate the idea.  A neat thing about this polyhedra is that if you leave out a few panels here and there, you create skylights. doors and window openings!.

Any thoughts about that approach or has it be done to any great extent.

Do you Yahoo!?