Re: Spirulina production

> >Is home production of spirulina practical, and if not, what needs
> >to be done to make it practical?
>
> about a raw foods diet).  He discusses Spirulina, and it sounds very
> easy to make.

Thank you, Patti.  I'll keep my eyes open for a copy.

My concern wasn't about it being easy to grow -- if I put a
seed in the ground, I can grow tomatoes, too.  My concern
was about purity, and possible toxic conditions...it seems to me
that in aquaculture, these types of things would be of paramount
importance.  A tomato is red when ripe, and I *know* what to
look for -- a bad tomato is obvious to me.  If a non-tomato seed
snuck into the pack, I also know what the result is supposed to
look like.

This is not so with algaes.

I assume it's easy to grow.  This is, after all, algae -- the same
stuff that grows on the inside of a fish tank, if not properly
maintained.

     -- Chuck Knight

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.