Reality Sculptors list archives are now online!

We've now (thanks to lots of help from Stacie, and several late nights of
hacking) got HyperMail archives of the mailing list online!

I know that many people have asked about this for years (and yes, I'm about
to go enter something into the FAQ-O-Matic... :-) -
http://reality.sculptors.com/cgi-bin/fom/ ), and I realize that the
SmartList archiving system, while thorough, is completely unintuitive. This
should work a lot better for many more folks. Thanks for your patience!

The jump-page for the various archives is at:

http://reality.sculptors.com/archives.html

I'll be linking this page in with various others on the site.

If you're on several lists, you'll probably see messages like this one
several times.

Three cheers for Stacie! She figured out the HyperMail archiving, and the
WebGlimpse searchable indexing (which is coming soon, once we squash a
couple more bugs). I've just been duplication-monkey, configuring the
particulars for different lists.

Thanks, Stacie! :-)

	PS - Speaking of bugs, I'm noticing variable weirdness with some of
the indexing. Specifically, some things seem to point to others as being
"next" or "previous" when they're actually very far apart in
time/topic/etc. I suspect some of this might come from the munged
Message-ID headers in some of the postings. I've also noticed some postings
dated as far back as 1985, perhaps earlier. Some of these I chalk up to
haywire system clocks and the Message-ID thing might be from mail clients
that don't handle the Message-ID generation correctly. I'm still looking
into that, but for now, it's about 99% right, and I'm very happy. :-)

      Fuel Cells: Electricity for home, car, or business. 0% emmissions,
     0% charge-time. - http://reality.sculptors.com/~salsbury/Fuel-Cells/
	"The dumbing down of America is most evident in the slow decay of
substantive content in the enormously influential media, the 30-second sound
bites (now down to 10 seconds or less), lowest common denominator programming,
credulous presentations on pseudo-science and superstition, but especially a
kind of celebration of ignorance. As I write, the number-one videocassette
rental in America is the movie "Dumb and Dumber".  "Beavis and Butthead" remain
popular (and influential) with young TV viewers. The plain lesson is that study
and learning -- not just of science, but of anything-- are avoidable, even
undesirable."			--Carl Sagan, "The Demon-Haunted World"